25 August 2016

Truly Madly Deadly by Hannah Jayne

Truly Madly Deadly by Hannah Jayne
Series: No
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Publication Date: July 2nd 2013
Source: Audible
Narrator: Erica Sullivan



They Said It Was An Accident...

Sawyer Dodd is a star athlete, a straight-A student, and the envy of every other girl who wants to date Kevin Anderson. When Kevin dies in a tragic car crash, Sawyer is stunned. Then she opens her locker to find a note:

You're welcome.

Someone saw what he did to her. Someone knows that Sawyer and Kevin weren't the perfect couple they seemed to be. And that someone—a killer—is now shadowing Sawyer's every move...

Truly Madly Deadly was the next book on my July mystery/crime/suspense spree! I'd had this one sitting on my phone for ages, I think I downloaded it from audible a few months ago and forgot about it, so this one ended up next on my listen to list!

Truly Madly Deadly follows high school student Sawyer Dodd who's boyfriend Kevin died in a car accident. One morning, Sawyer opens up her locker and finds a green envelope. Inside the envelope is a note with the words 'you're welcome'. Sawyer panics and begins to think that Kevin's death was no accident. Someone must know what Kevin did to her and got him out of the picture, and that same someone is now taking out everything and everyone that could harm Sawyer.

The whole story of this one felt a bit amateur and kind of childish. The narrator didn't help either, she had a pretty childish voice and the characters all sounded whiny. But, the tone of this book just came across way too childish and it didn't create any suspense for me at all. I was intrigued to find out who was leaving Sawyer notes and why they were doing what they were doing. Even when it came to revealing who was behind everything, I wasn't surprised. It'd been extremely obvious to me for quite a few chapters and I basically gave up caring after that.

Overall, I didn't particularly enjoy Truly Madly Deadly. It was OK, but probably not a book I would recommend. 

3 comments: