11 December 2014

Brittany vs Samantha 2015 Challenge

So in 2014 I completely sucked at every single official challenge I signed up for - and I'm still debating whether or not to sign up for 2015 challenges - but for 2015 Brittany and I have decided to do our own book challenge together! Brittany was watching some booktube videos and she came across a challenge on Ermahgerd Berks channel that she though would be fun for us to do.

So, in 2015, Brittany and I are challenging each other to read 12 of our favourite books that we think the other should read. It'll probably end up being more than 12 since that's our minimum recommendations, and we've both got a list with more than 12 on it. But for now, we've picked our top 12.

So, without further ado, here are the 12 books:
1. Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
Such a strange, but beautiful story. It's stuck with me for about 10 years.
2. Glass Houses by Rachel Caine
Pretty sure you've heard me go on and on about how much I love this series, and I'm sure you will too!
3. My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
An emotional roller-coaster of a series. You're going to love the Hudson boys!! 
4. Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen
PLEASE LOVE THIS.
5. You're the One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher
I know you don't cry a lot, but this book will probably make you sob. I apologise in advance for the pain you'll experience, but the book is fantastic!
6. The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
Magic, witches, werewolves, necromancers and LOTS OF TWISTS. I know you're going to love this one!
7. Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden
I'm not entirely sure whether you'll enjoy this or not, but it's a series I came across accidentally in high school and even though it's not my usual kind of book, I loved it! Keeping my fingers crossed you do too!
8. Unravelling by Elizabeth Norris
I'm sure I've mentioned this one to you more than once and it's amazing! But I mainly just want you to read this one so you can read Unbreakable! :D
9. The Jewel by Amy Ewing
Kind of like The Selection (which I know you didn't like!) but the main character is more awesome and the storyline is so twist-y and amaaaaaaaaaaazing!
10. Forsaken by Jana Oliver
BECK is the only reason I need. You'll understand. Also, Riley is a badass!
11. The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes
I honestly just finished this one early on this morning, but YOU HAVE TO READ IT. REALLY HOT BAD BOY WITH MOHAWK, TATTOO'S AND PIERCINGS!  But he's also not really bad. And also, lots of sexy chemistry scenes!!!!
12. Raven's Gate by Anthony Horowitz
One of the best YA paranormal horror series ever!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you love them all so we can fangirl together!

6 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! Much excitement!!! Eeeeee!!!
    I actually didn't guess any of your list. Well I thought You're the One That I Want might be on it because of your review. Which made me want to read it. And now I have to. So YAY! I like a good sob story every once in a while. Lol.
    So, The Art of Lainey, last minute sub? Lol! I, uh, like your reasoning for that. You know me so well. I've actually bought it months ago, so YAY for actually having to read it now. I'm excited!
    I'm happy to see Stolen Songbird on here. I got an e-ARC and never read it. But I still bought a physical copy when Strange Chemistry closes. So thank you for making have to read it. I've wanted to for so long.
    I do know your love for Rachel Caine. I'm happy to finally find out why. Is this the 15 book series? Perhaps it will be a marathon month(at some point)...
    Forsaken has been on my to-buy list for years. NOW I WILL FINALLY BUY IT!
    The Jewel eh. Risky addition. HAHAHA! I'm excited thought. I've kind of wanted to check it out. And now I will.
    For the sake of making this comment a billion miles long, you totally surprised me with this list. Some books I hadn't even heard of. So that makes me happy. I hope I love them all. I WANT TO FANGIRL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAAAAAY!
      Haha! It was just so amazing that it HAD to be on this list. It was actually the very first book I though of, mainly because I've been trying to make everyone read it. OF COURSE! And once you've read it you'll totally understand why I had to sub it in at the last minute. Micah is totally up your street! Stolen Songbird! I'm DYING for you to love that one!
      It is a 15 book series. I'd definitely recommend marathoning it! I had to re-read it countless times over 8 years!
      YES! I'm so excited for you to read Forsaken! You're going to love Beck and it's just so awesome with all the demons and whatnot!
      I thought so, but it was just so fantastic that you need to read it! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll enjoy it!
      I knew there'd be a few you hadn't heard of - mainly the Tomorrow series - but that's all the fun in our challenge! Discovering new books :D

      Delete
  2. Ohh, Stolen Songbird, nice one! I enjoyed that one so much, I hope Brittany likes it too. I'm curious about her opinion on The Jewel, I wasn't such a fan of that one. The art of Lainey sounds adorable. Unraveling! You remind me that I still need to pick that one up too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to put Stolen Songbird on the list. It's one of the best books I read this year! That's exactly why I put it on the list. I'm curious to see which group she'll fall into since people either love it or hate it.
      It's insanely adorable! Possibly the best contemporary I've read all year! YES! You must read Unravelling! Amber make me read and then told me to read book 2 which is soul-destroying. But it's a brilliant duology!

      Delete
  3. I don't remember if I told you this yet, but I love your holiday blog design! :) I came across Tomorrow When The War Began in high school as well and LOVED it. I think everyone should give it a try.

    Have fun with this challenge you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Kay!
      It's such a brilliant series! More people need to read it. Thanks! :)

      Delete